Posted by : Unknown Sunday, January 11, 2015


As I was thinking over what New Years Resolutions I should have for 2014, a buddy of mine helped convince me to try 365 new beers.  I had recently started using the Untappd app to track the beers I try...so I can rank them and help remember if I want to have them again.  It has a unique beers section that allowed me to easily track my goal.  If you want to follow me on Untapped, my profile can be found HERE

Any time I went into a restaurant or bar, the first thing I would do is look on the menu for something that I hadn't tried before.  Just that goal alone got me to try some amazing beers I would have skipped over in the past...Including local brews whenever I visited a new city.  I also had beer class to help.  On Monday nights at Radio Maria we try small pours 10 beers (then finish off all the extra!) so I got to try a lot of new beers this way.


So as August 1st, 2014 rolled around...I enjoyed a nice Chocolate Stout as #365 at a pub in my home state with someone I care about.  I even got this sweet profile picture out of it :) But that left three months in the year, so what was I gonna do now? Obviously up my goal to 500!

On December 22nd, the buddy that gave me the idea to do this in the beginning brought me a bottle of 2006 Bourbon County Stout to celebrate as beer 500.  It was amazing and I got to enjoy it with a small group of close friends.

Overall this was a complete blast to complete throughout the year and by far the best resolution I've ever made :)  I recommend it to anyone that wants to be exposed to lots of amazing beer!

You should follow me on Twitter and FacebookYou can also subscribe via RSS or email.  Please support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Random posts

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -