Posted by : Unknown Tuesday, February 03, 2015


My weekly workout routine was in need of a change.  It usually looks like this:

Monday: Body Pump
Tuesday: Run 4 Miles & Yoga
Wednesday: Body Pump
Thursday: Run 5 Miles or 1 Hour Cardio Machines
Friday: Rest
Saturday: Long Run (6-10 miles)
Sunday: 1 Hour on Cardio Machines

My endurance for running is great and I'm building muscle, but my cross training is minimal currently.  I am going to add Body Attack into my routine starting this Friday to get a high intensity workout in.  But, I really want to push hard this month for results.

So, I've decided to take the Insanity 30 day challenge and I'm using Xbox Fitness!  This is my first exposure to Insanity and it is no joke.  I did the first two days of the challenge and my legs feel like they are going to fall off.  I'm already looking forward to the Thursday off day and even scheduled a massage.

My current plan is to do this in addition to my normal daily workouts, but I realize that may not be sustainable for the entire month.  I'm pretty sure I'll do both days of Body Pump each week and hope to make it through Body Attack.  But, I'm willing to cut back on Running and Cardio Machines quite a bit if my body needs the rest.

There are 5 different Insanity routines and I'll be doing each of them one day a week with two rest days.  Xbox Fitness does a great job of watching how well I'm doing the exercises and giving me points along the way.  I'll try to do a weekly update of how I'm progressing.  I also logged my initial weight and some measurements so I can see just how much of an impact this month will have on me.

Wish me luck!

You should follow me on Twitter and FacebookYou can also subscribe via RSS or email.  Please support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Fitness posts

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -