Posted by : Unknown Thursday, February 02, 2012


I picked up Rayman Origins when Amazon had it on sale right before Christmas and we've finally got a chance to jump into it.  My first impression is that it's a beautiful game with a very fun art style and a great soundtrack. Kian also laughs nearly the entire time we are playing.

The loading screens allow you to move your character around and attack so we've turned each one into a mini game where he tries to get away from me without getting hit.  He actually succeeds more often than I do :) The game is filled with goals to achieve and each mission gives you a counter at the end to let you know how much of it's secrets you've found.

The mission lengths are quite short, maybe 5 mins or so each...but that is perfectly fine.  The action requires precision movement and quick responses to get the maximum amount of stars by the end so you are ready for the break when it comes.

One of the things I found disappointing is that the second player doesn't get achievements. This is something I need to research a bit because I'm not sure why this choice would be made.  I know we had this same issue with The Simpsons Game, but that was just because Co-Op wasn't part of the Godfather engine we were using.

We're having a lot of fun with it and I'm curious how big the game is.  I'll add some more comments as we get further along in our play through.


You should follow me on Twitter and FacebookYou can also subscribe via RSS or email.  Please support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Co-Op w/ Kian posts

4 Responses so far.

  1. Terry Vallo says:

    I was thinking about getting this one as well. However, do you think a 5 year old could play it without too much trouble?

  2. Unknown says:

    The earlier levels are very simple and the co-op mechanics make it easy to get through together. There's some tougher stuff later on but most of it is optional.

  3. Jeff Burtch says:
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
  4. Terry says:

    Awesome; I just want my son to start playing something other than Spongebob: Truth or Square and Phineas and Ferd: Across the 2nd Dimension lol.

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -