Posted by : Unknown Monday, July 12, 2010

I posted the other day about Kinect and how I felt it seems pretty obvious that it's targeting the Wii demographic, but at least they are doing full motion detection without a controller.  Not like Sony is doing with the Playstation Move, which is quite literally from what I can tell...a Wii controller.

PlayStation Move Starter Bundle

I keep forgetting that Sony is even releasing Playstation Move, which could be a bad sign for them.  I'm not sure how much of this is that I barely turn on my PS3, but I can't even name a single announced title for the Move. Kinect and Nintendo 3DS seem to be getting all the press.  Until I added the above image, I didn't know it was being used along with the Playstation Eye.
Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest

Since I'm a big Lord of the Rings fan, one game that has caught my eye is Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest.  So, I guess now I'll have to see if there is any benefit to having the PS3 version or if my Wii will do just fine.


Now, the one thing that it does have going for it from a Game Development standpoint is that you can actually develop for it and the Wii at the same time.  Porting a game to the Wii isn't as simple as adding new controller movements, so most games either take a  lot of work to be ported or get done poorly.  Now you can make a game for both and save development costs in the same way that you can work on a 360 and PS3 title currently.


You should follow me on Twitter here or subscribe to this blog's feed. Support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link

See other Game Development posts

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -