Posted by : Unknown Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I've now placed every dining reservation for our January 2011 trip and I'm happy to say that I got every restaurant and time that I was hoping for.  I found a glitch in the system that allowed me to get my reservations about a week earlier than I expected to :)  In a previous post I went over the first half of the reservations, so now onto the last half!

Day five is our first full day at Epcot which has become our second favorite park behind the Magic Kingdom.  Last  visit we had a dinner at Garden Grill and had a blast so we've decided we must visit again on this evening.  The entire restaurant rotates slowly and overlooks The Land ride.  Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale come around to the table and you generally get to see each character twice before you finish eating.  Desserts are amazing for both adult and children. There is a good guest review of the restaurant over at The Disney Food Blog.
Day six is our "Rest Day", meaning we're not getting up at 6am for a full day at a park.  One of the lessons we learned last visit was by the end of the trip you're pretty beat, so a break in the middle is probably a good idea.  We have a 10:15 breakfast at 'Ohana, located at the Polynesian resort, which gives us a chance to check out the resort since next visit i'm considering upgrading to a moderate.

After breakfast we plan to hang out at the hotel and maybe hit the pool before heading to Disney Studios in the evening for Fantasmic!  It's an incredible show...don't miss it.
Day seven is our 2nd day at the Magic Kingdom and we've decided to kick the day off in style.  I have an 8:05 reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table which is INSIDE the castle in the center of the park.  This reservation also gets us into the park an hour before opening and should get us to the rides just as the park opens at 9am.  A lot of people complain at the expense of this meal, but to me it's worth the $125 for 3 people since we've never done it.  It includes a family photo with Cinderella which we would have bought anyway, so it's not really that bad cost wise.
Day eight is our 2nd day at Animal Kingdom and I currently have repeated the reservations on our first day which is an 8am at Tusker House and then a 7:30pm at Chef Mickey's located at the Contemporary resort.  I'm currently planning to cancel the Chef Mickey's reservation on day 3 and the Tusker House on this day so we'll have a meal each day and not double up.  But, until I decide for sure, I'm keeping them all :)
Day nine is sadly our last day at Disney World, but we are visiting Epcot and since it's the day before my birthday have TWO special meals planned.  For breakfast, we are visiting the Princess Storybook Dining with an 8:00 am reservation to again get us in the park early.  I hear this is an even better Princess experience than the Royal Table so we're anxious to go!
Then for dinner I get a meal for me...which is a 7pm reservation at Le Cellier where I can get a good steak and the Cheddar Cheese Soup is supposed to be amazing.  We should get out of dinner just in time to get a good spot to view Illuminations and I'm considering one of the cruises so we can see it up close.

Since we are planning to get the Disney Dining Plan with our vacation, we will have nine table service credits to use...but we currently have extra reservations.  I've already pre-paid for the Royal Table meal so we'll just have to decide at some point if we want to drop reservations to get down to nine or pay for the rest out of pocket.

I need to give a quick shout out to AJ at the Disney Food Blog since I've linked to her awesome site for info on the restaurants.


You should follow me on Twitter here.

You can also subscribe via RSSsubscribe via email or follow on Facebook.  Support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link (It won't cost you any extra).

See other Disney World posts

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -