Posted by : Unknown Sunday, July 25, 2010

Classic Cartoon Favorites, Vol. 2 - Starring Donald
Since I've been out of town lately, we had some catching up to do on our weekly Disney Movie Night.  So, we doubled up tonight and began with Classic Cartoon Favorites, Vol. 2 - Starring Donald (which was supposed to be last weekend)  These are the cartoons that most of us grew up watching and it is important to me that Kian get to see them in their original form.  He's been watching Have a Laugh on disney.com where they narrate over these cartoons. It's a bit annoying to me...but he thinks it's hilarious, so I was happy to see he laughed just as much at these original versions.
The Princess and The Frog (Three Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
After that we moved onto The Princess and The Frog which turned out to be a pretty good movie...Spoilers incoming.  The sequence on the boat with the hillbillies was absolutely classic and had my entire family laughing the entire time.    I was surprised to see a death of a funny character though...but it was a touching moment in the end.  I normally buy just about any Disney animated movie when it releases, but didn't feel compelled to do so with this one.  Now that I've seen it, it was good...but not good enough for me to purchase.

I'm not aware of any attractions at Disney World that feature this film...though they did run Tiana's Showboat Jubilee for a while last year.  Anyone know of anything that I'm missing?

You should follow me on Twitter here or subscribe to this blog's feed. Support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link

See other Disney World posts


Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -