Posted by : Unknown Friday, January 03, 2014


I don't normally do much in the way of resolutions...but I hope for 2014 to be a big year and I have lots of things in mind to help make that happen!  I have a set of things I'm doing along with Lisa as well as another set that I'll be working toward on my own.  As a bonus...I plan to blog regularly about the progress of these throughout the year!

Joint Resolutions:

  1. Run 1400 Miles Together - Lisa and I plan to run 1400 miles to celebrate 2014...700 each.  We have a couple of half marathons planned already so we should be well on our way to it just from our required training.  I'll be using my Garmin software to track my progress: http://connect.garmin.com/profile/siawnhy
  2. Weight Loss Goal - We each have a target weight we want to get to that pushes us to eat better an exercise consistently to get there and keep the weight off.
  3. 30 Day Plank Challenge - I found a plan that builds up from a 20 second plank to a full FIVE minute plank by the end of 30 days!  It sounds overwhelming, but having gone through the Couch to 5k plan...I'm optimistic.
  4. $1 Savings Increase Plan - It's a simple plan really...you start by putting $1 into savings the first week of the year and then increase that amount $1 each week.  The final week of the year, you put in $52 and have around $1400 saved!  Now we just have to decide what we are going to do with the money.  Suggestions?!
  5. Plan 4 Creative Dates - We have decided to each plan 4 Creative Dates this year.  I'd imagine some will require traveling to a bigger city, or trying something new.  I have a few ideas in mind, but am always open to hearing suggestions. :)

Personal Resolutions:
  1. Try 365 New Beers - I love trying new beers, so I've decided to attempt trying an average of one new beer a day for the entire year!  I'll be using the Untappd app to track this which has a Distinct Beer section.  Send me an invite if you want to see my progress or join me :)
  2. Learn Unity - I have mainly used proprietary engines during my Game Design career and haven't had much time to learn a more mainstream tool set.  I am familiar with Unity, but have decided to spend at least one hour each week learning to use it.
  3. Read Game Design Articles - I don't read nearly enough of the articles I come across that sound interesting about Game Design so this is an attempt to get myself reading more of them.  I hope to read way more than just one a week, but I'm trying to set a realistic goal.  Send along articles you think are must reads!
  4. Watch Old Movies - I keep saying I need to see some classic movies I've never gotten around to like Casablanca, Singing in the Rain, The Public Enemy...really most of the movies in The Great Movie Ride at Disney Studios.  So, I plan to watch at least one a month this year.
  5. Finish More Games - Last, but certainly not least, is my desire to finish more games this year.  I slacked off a bit last year and have a huge stack in front of me that I need to get through.  So, I plan to finish at least one a month this year.  I hope to finish way more than my goal on this one as well.
So, that's the list!  What do you think?  I'd be happy to hear any suggestions for things to watch, read or play that will help me to reach my goals.

You should follow me on Twitter and FacebookYou can also subscribe via RSS or email.  Please support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Game Design posts
See other Game Development posts
See other Fitness posts
See other Co-Op w/ Kian posts
See other Currently Playing posts



Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -