Posted by : Unknown Thursday, June 21, 2012



I finally finished the Couch to 5k running plan last week and have to say it was a major success.  By the end I was running a straight three miles in about 30 minutes which is better than I had hoped for with no experience running as of 10 weeks ago. HERE is the plan that I used and would suggest it for anyone that's considering running.

People keep asking me how I stay motivated to run consistently and the truth is I do enjoy it, though I hated running when I was younger.  A lot of it was learning to run properly and building my endurance safely.  But, here is what I go through on EVERY run:

First Mile: My legs hurt and I feel like I'm going to hurt the whole time
Second Mile: The pain is mainly gone, but now I feel run down and question why I'm doing this.  I consider just walking but always push through.
Third Mile: I forget all of the pain and quitting and now feel like I could run forever!  I usually increase my pace a bit here and push hard to finish the mile.

As I begin increasing my distance to eventually be around 5, 5, 8 for my normal runs...i'll be curious to see how the feelings change.


Next up...training for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon at Disney World! I have 21 full weeks to train and have spent the last few weeks researching and modifying my plan to be ready for 13.1 miles on November 10th.  I have some friends that are going to be running with me, so there's lots of motivation to keep going.

I've been doing three miles, three times a week recently and am now adding an additional EZ run on Sundays along with 2 days of cross training(elliptical).  I've also added in 2-3 days of upper body and ab workouts each week so by the time I get to Orlando I should be ripped ;)

My Tuesday and Thursday runs will slowly increase to about 4 miles each at my normal running pace of 10 min/mi then my Saturday runs slowly increase in distance until I get to the 13.1 adding about a mile every other week.  The long run will be at a little slower pace at first until I discover what kind of pace I can keep up for that long of a distance.  I'm nervous, so wish me luck.


You should follow me on Twitter and FacebookYou can also subscribe via RSS or email.  Please support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Gaming Weight Loss posts

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -