Posted by : Unknown Tuesday, March 13, 2012


Now that I'm off my diet and beginning my journey into living healthier, I'm trying to decide what type of exercise I want to incorporate.  I've really been interested in running some of the Disney marathon races, so I've decided to focus on running as my main exercise.

I've been using the elliptical for 30 minutes 3-5 times a week for the last 3 months and have had good results along side my diet.  So, it seemed like the transition into running shouldn't be a difficult one for me.  When I found out about the Couch to 5k program...I felt it was the perfect way for me to build up my endurance properly.

The program consists of three exercise routines per week, at about 20-30 minutes each, over a nine week period.  The first week is a five minute walk and then alternating 60 second jogs and 90 second walks for 20 more minutes.  Since I'd been doing so much of the elliptical, I wondered if I should skip ahead in the program but decided to just do the first day and see how it went.

I quickly learned that different muscles get used in running :)  My endurance was good from the elliptical, so doing the routine was easy...but the next day my legs and feet were really sore.  I ran the 2nd routine after taking a day to rest and my legs were sore right from the start...it took until half way through the routine until they felt warmed up again.

I'm pleased with the workout that it's providing so far and look forward to each run.  I'll post weekly as I make my way through to give updates on how it's going.  Next week I'll be at Disney World (yes again) and will be doing tons of walking but will be taking a week off of the routines.


You should follow me on Twitter and FacebookYou can also subscribe via RSS or email.  Please support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Gaming Weight Loss posts

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -