Posted by : Unknown Saturday, November 06, 2010

Xbox 360 250GB Console with Kinect

Even though I have Fallout: New Vegas sitting there begging to be played, I've found that Kinect is a shiny new toy for me.  In addition to the daily workout routine, as part of my Gaming Weight Loss, I've been spending my spare gaming time trying out a few Kinect games.

For those who are concerned about open space in front of the TV...unfortunately it is a real concern.  I have 6 feet of clear space before the couch and while games like Kinect Adventures work ok with one player, you'd need another 2-3 feet before a second player could join you in the fun.  In order for me to do my daily Your Shape Fitness Evolved workout, I actually have to push the couch back another 4 feet from it's location.  Luckily I have that kind of space...most people certainly will not.

The hardware does a surprisingly good job of detecting motion accurately and has a very good response time from what I can tell so far.  Check out the video above to see how it looks in night vision (kinda creepy)

One thing that I haven't done yet is try out a 2-player mode in a game.  I think we'll have the room to do so if we push the couch all the way back and I'm certain Kian will have an absolute ball trying it out.  I also haven't gotten around to Dance Central yet, so I should do that in the next few days.

So far, I give Kinect a big thumbs up...especially if you have kids.


You should follow me on Twitter here or subscribe to this blog's feed.  Support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.


See other Currently Playing posts

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -