Posted by : Unknown Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Dead Rising 2

I really enjoyed the first Dead Rising even though the controls were pretty terrible and it was nearly impossible to do everything in the game on a single play through.  Dead Rising 2 didn't do much to fix the controls, but did a much better job of pacing out the radio calls you get and giving you plenty of time to take care of them(if you are high enough level)  Just like in the first game, I had to play through up to around level 15 and then start the game over in order to make it through ok.  It's nice that it keeps your stats on a restart, but I do feel they rely on that a bit too much for players to finish the game.

There were far too few Blender Stations in the game.  I didn't even find the first one until, I kid you not, right before the final battle.  It would have been awesome during the first 20 hours I played to have the drink that refills all of my health and increases my run speed drastically.

Just like in the first game, it ended with a hand to hand battle on a raised platform.  At least this time, I didn't spend the entire game training certain weapon types to have them all taken away for this battle.  Though one thing that did tick me off a bit was that there was one final objective that I wanted to take care of and the text implied that it would let me know when to do so.  Then the game just ended after this battle and I wasn't able to do it or get the good ending :(
Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

As a side note, I had pre-ordered the game from Amazon.com and was supposed to get an XBLA avatar when it shipped.  Apparently, Capcom didn't have them to give out on time so Amazon gave me a $10 credit while I was waiting... cool.  Then today, they emailed me again and said they have no idea when Capcom will send them so they gave me a 50% off coupon for Marvel vs. Capcom 3 which is coming in April.  Awesome!


You should follow me on Twitter here or subscribe to this blog's feed.  Support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Currently Playing posts

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -