Posted by : Unknown Sunday, April 22, 2007

I just had an unbelievably horrible experience at the local CompUsa store.

The local store was going out of business and had 25-50% off all items. I picked up a copy of Vista for the wife at 40% off (score!) and also wanted to pick up a copy of Pagemaker 7.0 that had a price tag of $134.95 which is a GREAT deal for a full version copy.

The vista copy rung up fine, but the Pagemaker rung up at $400! So the guy went to ask the manager about it and said that it was mis-priced and I'd have to pay $400 if I want it. I told him that the price listed is the price that I'm going to pay, I worked in retail and know for a fact that this is the case. He gets a manager out who I tell the same thing to. As I'm talking to him, someone comes storming out of the office and grabs the copy tears off the price tag, throws it in the near by trash can and says: "It's no longer for sale, Simple as that!"

As he walked away, I said to him "No, it's not as simple as that. The price says $134 and that's what I'm going to pay." He pulls the tag out of the can and shows me that it says on the top it says Originally $579 with 25% off. I told him to look at the bottom which clearly says After all discounts are taken, you pay $134.99, no further discounts.

At this point, the guy gets so angry that I truly, actually thought he was going to punch me. I look at the other cashiers, who looked at me with a stunned expression. The manager decides it best to walk away, and I'm standing there absolutely stunned knowing that I'm completely right in what price I should pay, but I'm completely powerless to do anything more about it. My 2 year old son is sitting there wondering what in the world is going on.

So, we asked the manager's name then my wife thoughtfully grabbed the price tag out of the trash and we headed out to call the corporate offices. Unfortunately they are closed today, so I'll have to deal with them tomorrow. I guess "Ron" figured that since they're going out of business that it doesn't matter how he treats someone.

(FYI...this is a rant + me needing to log what happened so I don't forget anything :)

One Response so far.

  1. Unknown says:

    Dude! I am sorry to hear of your crap-usa troubles. I had a very similar thing happen at worst buy. I salute you goin all the way. I totally gave up and went home. :)

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -