Posted by : Unknown Wednesday, February 20, 2013


Well I was finally able to do something that has been on my bucket list ever since Kian was born...played through a game with him that I worked on!

When he comes for a weekend visit, we tend to spend most of the time playing games together.  Last weekend, I sat down a stack of games to let him choose.  As I was describing them to him, I mentioned that I had worked on The Simpsons Game and he got really excited.  Normally we play an hour or two of several games, but this time it was different.  We spent all weekend playing through the entire game together :)

It was interesting to go back and play something that I had worked on over 5 years ago and see it differently as he experienced it.  A lot of my same frustrations with the camera and controls are still there, but he didn't seem to mind too much.

At one point he got frustrated with a section of gameplay and said "This is stupid!"  I told him that I had actually designed that piece of gameplay and had a conversation with him about creating challenge in game design and how it feels great when you are able to complete it as a player.  Then we got through it together :)

Overall, it was a fantastic experience on so many levels for me and can't wait to do it again some day.  I just wish I had worked on more games that he doesn't need to be an adult to play!

You should follow me on Twitter and FacebookYou can also subscribe via RSS or email.  Please support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Co-Op w/ Kian posts

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -