Posted by : Unknown Saturday, April 14, 2012


I've had my Windows Phone 7 for a year and a half now and love it, but have been frustrated with how much great content is out there for iOS that I don't have access to.  I had been trying to hold off for a Windows 8 tablet, but instead decided that having access to more stuff was more important to me than being on a unified platform. So, I picked up the 64gb WiFi version and over the last couple of weeks my gaming has consisted almost entirely of recommendations from friends games that I should try.

Words With Friends
This one was really about playing something that a ton of my non gamer friends are in to so I can interact with them on a more consistent basis.  It's also nice that you can sit down and complete a turn in as little as seconds sometimes.

Draw Something
I have to admit that the appeal of this game is also part of what turned me over to the full potential of a tablet device.  I'm a pretty terrible artist, but have been looking for ways to develop a bit so it couldn't hurt right?  The game surprised me at how addictive it became and they did a good job by providing a simple color set and letting you earn coins to improve your color choices.

ME3 Datapad
I stopped playing Mass Effect 3 when we went on vacation and was happy to find the ME3 Datapad app that allows me to play a simple time-based game to improve my Readiness Rating.  When I soon get back to the Xbox 360 version of the game I should have a high rating to finish the campaign with.

Infinity Blade
I've only put a few battles into this one, but am really impressed with how great the game looks.  It also has some really fun and intuitive controls for a tablet game and was surprisingly easy to play.  I've seen a lot of action type games come through that are really difficult for me to control.

Hero Academy
This game is beginning to absorb all of my time.  I'm a huge fan of Turn Based strategy and this game is a light version of the game I've always wanted to make (and some day hope to).  It is fully functioning for no cost, but I'm already tempted by the small purchase amount for some new army types.  I'll likely pick one up soon just to support such an awesome game.

Any other games or apps I should try out?

You should follow me on Twitter and FacebookYou can also subscribe via RSS or email.  Please support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Currently Playing posts

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -