Posted by : Unknown Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My wife and I have had an iPhone 3g for over two years now and it was time to update.  The first problem, is that I didn't see enough improvement in the iPhone 4 to upgrade...so I waited.  I started hearing about the new Windows Phone 7 models and was skeptical but intrigued.

As I looked into them more, they seemed to have all the functionality of other phones but with the added Live Tiles and Xbox Live integration.  Since I'm a fan of achievements, the though of having them on my phone was interesting.  A buddy of mine and his wife both got the Samsung Focus so I was asking him questions to make sure I would get everything I was looking for.  My wife was still skeptical but felt better when she found out she can still use her old iPhone on WiFi.

My plan WAS to wait until after the first of the year and we return from our Disney World Vacation, but AT&T was offering 2 deals that I couldn't pass up.  First, they had buy one get one free on the Samsung Focus. On top of this, each phone comes with a Free Xbox 360 game.  Both offers end on 12/31, so we headed to the AT&T store so my wife could try one out.  After she did, we weren't allowed to leave the store without them and we got out cheap :)

So far the phone is really slick looking and the interface is beautiful and fast.  Having a camera button that works quickly is a huge upgrade not to mention doing HD video.  Setup was incredibly easy...I just put in my Windows Live login info and had Hotmail, Xbox live, etc all ready to go.  The way it integrates all of your contacts from various email accounts, Facebook, etc is really nice.  I've only had one evening with the phone, so can't yet speak to it's every day use but will update once I've had more time with it.
XNA Game Studio 4.0 Programming: Developing for Windows Phone and Xbox Live (Developer's Library)

I'm really interested to see some of the rumored phone + Xbox Arcade integration.  I'd love to be playing a game on my phone along with a buddy at home on his Xbox.  This also makes me anxious to pick up XNA Game Studio 4.0 Programming and see how easy it is to create something on my own.


You should follow me on Twitter here. You can also subscribe via RSSsubscribe via email or follow on Facebook.  Support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link (It won't cost you any extra).

See other Random posts

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -