Posted by : Unknown Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I guess in this case I should say Just finished: Alan Wake.

Alan Wake: Limited Edition

Playing this game at night with the lights out and 7.1 surround sound was one of the most intense gaming experiences I've ever had.  They did a really great job of establishing early what the rules for enemy encounters were and then building the tension slowly for each one as I got adjusted to the combat.  Then as the game progressed, they let me get comfortable with those rules and then started to slowly break them.  For Example, any time I found a secret stash of stuff left behind for me...I was safe.  Until this one time late in the game when I let my guard down and turned around to find two enemies standing right behind me.  Scared the crap outta me.

The other thing I really liked was how the game was split into 6 episodes.  It felt like I was playing a TV show and also gave me a good stopping point to shoot for after about 2 hours or so of playing each night.  It also had a really nice story recap when you start each episode that made it feel really nice and gave you a refresher on things you may have forgotten or missed the first time.

I was kinda disappointed with the ending, since I felt they left it a little too vague for DLC.  I didn't get enough closure to the story to feel satisfied with where I ended up.I have the first DLC episode downloaded but have decided to wait a bit before getting back to it.

You should follow me on Twitter here or subscribe to this blog's feed.  Support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.


See other Currently Playing posts

One Response so far.

  1. I really enjoyed the game and it was probably genuinely the creepiest game I've played since F.E.A.R.

    I was hoping the end was going to go in a slightly different direction, but for all the joy that game gave me I think it's a small complaint.

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -