Posted by : Unknown Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Our supposed 6 hour drive became 10 hours because of snow and ice on the roads. From Champaign to Indianapolis we counted over 25 vehicles that had spun off the road including a Salt truck! Just as we were laughing at that, the vehicle in front of me spun off the road...I started to lose control as well as the car to my right. Luckily I was able to right the ship and we got to Corbin safely, though much later than we'd have liked.

We had a great time in Corbin during Christmas...even though we didn't get to see everyone we would have liked to. It was the first time my step brothers got to meet Kian, so I was really happy to have that happen. Rusty is a Police Officer, which is one of Kian's heroes, so he brought his squad car up and let Kian sit inside. He handed Kian the loud speaker and he went on a 10 minute talking spell with voice created sirens. He also quickly realized how Rusty turned on the police lights, so he was turning those off and on as well.

Since Kian has only seen family a few at a time in the past, I wasn't sure how he'd react to 30+ at a time...but he had an absolute ball. Any time a new person came in the door he ran up and gave them a hug then introduced himself. By the end of the night, he had sat in pretty much every one's lap and told my brother that "These are all of my friends".

The next couple of days we were able to get together with 2 of my best friends from high school. I hadn't seen either of them in 5 years so they were meeting Kian for the first time as well. It's weird how it didn't feel like it had been so long once we got back together.

Anywho, the trip was fun...hopefully we'll have another one soon.

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -