Posted by : Unknown Thursday, November 09, 2006

I get really frustrated with the fact that people often have trouble understanding the severity of my son's peanut allergy. In my household: peanut + Kian = death.

His allergy is severe enough that just coming into contact with something that was processed in the same factory as peanuts is a severe danger. Luckily, starting this year, all packaging has to state if it was processed in the same factory as any machinery processing peanuts.

But, it's still hard to get people to understand how careful we have to be with him. My wife takes him to classes with other kids...and if those kids eat peanuts and come into contact with him, then he can have a reaction.

Anyone who really knows me knows that I'm very direct with just about everything and I'm not going to give a crap about what you think about it. This being said, its hard not to end up being the parent who's overprotective or pushy about things that people don't see as a "real" problem.

One Response so far.

  1. Michael says:

    Brother when it comes to your kid(s) you it's night nice guy time. It is our God given responsibility to protect and nurture them. If I were you I'd do the same thing. Heck I got all over the daycare ladies b/c Cami had diaper rash and I like them. You keep on doing what you know is right and protect that little angel

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -