Posted by : Unknown Tuesday, May 22, 2012


Week Six turned out to be a bit rough for me.  I pulled a muscle in my left foot on my 2nd run of the week and had to take nearly a week off from running.  The good news is that the muscle pull came from a 5 mile run that I did with a friend...I wanted to see (and learned) how far I could push my self.  So, I did the three runs across two weeks but am now back to full speed and on track again.

I'm now in the point of my 5k training that there are no longer intervals in my run. It started with a straight 22 minute run and next week will move up to 25 mins.  I'm anxious to see how my body handles no walking breaks, but so far so good.

I have found that the GPS on my phone is not very accurate when running and was adding about 20% to my distances and making my times seem better than they should be.  After trying a couple of other apps to confirm this is the case, I decided that it's time for me to get a GPS watch.

After doing several days of research, I settled on the Garmin Forerunner 910xt with heart rate monitor.  This watch not only has extremely accurate run data but is also designed to handle swimming and biking info.  I plan to add these two activities to my training in the near future and felt it was best to spend the extra money to get a watch that will work long term for me.  It arrives today and I can't wait to try it out!

You should follow me on Twitter and FacebookYou can also subscribe via RSS or email.  Please support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Gaming Weight Loss posts

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -