Posted by : Unknown Tuesday, November 29, 2011


I'm doing something today that I've never fully done before...starting a diet program. I've done lots of things in the past to try and lose weight, but nothing completely structured.  Under the care of our physician, my wife and I are starting the Ideal Protein Diet which will get my weight down and then I come off the diet and just do maintenance going forward.


The reason I feel this will work for me is because nearly all of the food is provided and we get to choose from a ton of options for each week's food.  It's going to force me into better eating habits and then teach me how to use them going forward.  I'm really excited and motivated for this and have a weight loss goal around 50-60lbs.  They say a man will average 3-7lbs lost every single week without fail as long as you stick to the plan.
One of the other interesting things about the diet is that exercise is actually discouraged because of the state that the diet puts your body into for burning the fat.  I'm not supposed to get my heart rate above 120 and I bought a wrist watch that will monitor that for me.  My guess at this point is that playing Kinect games will allow me to get some activity without getting my heart rate up too much...but that's a test for later!

Week one is supposed to be the most difficult as my body will be transitioning into this fat burning state and i'll likely have low energy and be grumpy.  Look for my tweets as they might be rather amusing.

Wish me luck!

You should follow me on Twitter and FacebookYou can also subscribe via RSS or email.  Please support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Gaming Weight Loss posts

One Response so far.

  1. Amy says:

    My husband and I have been on a modified version of Atkins since June and it has worked wonders. Good luck to you. It can be done.

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -