Posted by : Unknown Wednesday, November 23, 2011


Let me start out by saying that I converted to a primarily console game player many years ago, so I shall not get into the debate about which platform.  I like to sit on my couch with a controller :)  Even with the heavy holiday lineup, Skyrim is one that I've been looking forward to for some time.  I didn't spend much time with Oblivion, or any of the other Elder Scrolls games in the past...but this one looks fantastic and I decided to put the time commitment to it.

I was all prepared to play and was suddenly faced with a situation that I didn't expect...my wife wanted to play as well.  Her sister had put many hours into Oblivion and had told her a lot about it over the last few years and a co-worker had been talking a lot about Skyrim and the kinds of things possible in the game.  This peaked her interest and she was telling me about the game and that she may want to try it...I told her it's over there on the TV stand.  She didn't realize we had it and was super excited.

My desire to play the game took a sudden backseat because there is no way I'm going to discourage my wife from trying a new gaming experience :)  She's a gamer but normally doesn't get into this type of game so I'm happy to see that she's broadening her horizons.  Luckily for me, there's a ton of games to play right now so I had plenty to choose from.  I still get to play Skyrim, but It's a part time game for me right now.

I've been enjoying the game so far, playing as a Khajiit Rogue.  Well, I say that...because that's what I'm choosing to do as I play along.  The game never actually told me to chose what I want to do or be.  That's actually kind of awesome now that I think about it, though I wonder if it will be confusing to people that are new to the series or RPGs in general.

I'm finding stealing much easier in this game since Oblivion apparently used a color red on a small indicator that I never noticed since I'm color-blind.  I gave up on that game after a couple of hours constantly failing.  I must be a rogue! ;)

I'm having some interesting conversations with my wife about the game and hearing about her experiences.  I'm almost enjoying that more than actually playing through the game on my own.  At this rate, it may be April before I get around to finishing it.  But, i'll attempt to post more once I get further along.


You should follow me on Twitter and FacebookYou can also subscribe via RSS or email.  Please support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Currently Playing posts

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -