Posted by : Unknown Saturday, October 08, 2011

I had a free day on my recent trip to Orlando and decided to visit the Food and Wine Festival for the first time.  I'm usually not in Florida this time of year, so I was really happy to get this experience.  They set up an additional 20-30 booths all over world showcase from various countries and have a couple of dishes and drinks at each.
Starting in South Korea, I had a pork lettuce wrap with Kim-chi paired with a sweet Raspberry Wine.  Really nice start to the day!  I somehow forgot about taking pictures of the food at this point so i'll have to just explain the rest of the dishes.

The next dish was in Germany, wiener on a pretzel roll which was really nice and quite filling.  After that we headed to France where I got to try my first escargot!  It was served in bit size buttery buns and paired with Champagne was delicious.  The last dish was a coconut braised beef with jasmine rice in Singapore.  It had a little spice but was multiplied greatly by pairing it with a nice red wine.

I then spent some time in the Canada Pavilion taking some photos and having fun with my new camera.  This is the commemorative glass that we purchased in the main expo building near Mission Space.

I really like this photo a lot and plan to do more shots like this in the future.

I wish I could have held more food because I wanted to try so many other things.  But, we decided to head to Magic Kingdom to see the special 40th Anniversary fireworks.  I did manage to get this great shot on our way out :)


You should follow me on Twitter and FacebookYou can also subscribe via RSS or email.  Please support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Disney World or Photography posts

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -