Posted by : Unknown Monday, August 29, 2011

It occured to me today that I haven't done one of these posts in some time...even though Kian and I have been playing games just as often as we always do.  So...time to get back on track!


Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension

Phineas and Ferb is one of my son's favorite shows, but only recently did I start watching it with him.  I had no idea just how funny the show is for adults and actually enjoy it quite a bit.  They recently did a movie from the show which the game is based on, so Kian demanded that we own it.  I decided to buy it for him on the DS so he could have something to play on our recent Disney World Trip and got the PS3 version for us to play co-op at home.

The game is playable entirely through co-op and as a matter of fact...my son couldn't even figure out how to play by himself.  It is very reminiscent of Ratchet and Clank in it's style of running around blowing up tons of enemies and crates and getting tons of little gems.  Weapons upgrade pretty rapidly and there are six different characters that are unlocked as the game moves along.

The movie creates the perfect premise for a game since they use a device to go into an alternate dimension of their world.  So the game takes it a step further and has you visiting many different dimensions, all somewhat similar to your world but with fun and crazy twists.  The developers did a good job of being creative with this wide open set of possibilities including a world run by garden gnomes (based on a funny episode).

The levels are all in the 10 to 15 minute range making it easy to pace out the play time with my son and know when we'll get our next break.  There is no dying in the game so the most you ever have to do is spawn back to one side of the screen if you fail at one of the platforming sections.  The game is definitely made for kids, but I enjoyed it quite a bit myself.  The final boss battles were pretty challenging and took technique, but even those never failed us.  My son would fail pretty often and I just kept us moving along...so he never got frustrated.

I definitely recommend the game to fans of the show as well as people who would be interested in a light Ratchet and Clank alternative. Kian gives it 10/10! :)


You should follow me on Twitter and FacebookYou can also subscribe via RSS or email.  Please support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Co-Op w/ Kian posts

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -