Posted by : Unknown Tuesday, February 01, 2011

My love for Disney and a history of collecting things has made Vinylmation interesting to me for many months now.  I was able to resist until this visit to Disney World and seeing them in person.  Now I have fallen in love with them and since my wife isn't discouraging me...this is going to be bad for my wallet.
It started early on our trip when we were at Disney Studios and looking through the stores as the park closed.  I saw two sealed Spectacle of Dancing Lights sitting on top of a display.  It was really cool looking and seemed like something special so I decided to go for it.  It's still currently the favorite Vinylmation that I own.
Now I was hooked and had my wife looking in every store with me to see what was available.  We picked up several park specific editions as we found them.  When we got to Animal Kingdom a few days later I found a single sealed box from the Clear #1 series and thought I'd give it a shot.  I opened it to find that it was the Clear Chaser!  In each case of Vinylmation there are two complete sets and a special chaser or "rare" and a huge part of the hobby is trying to get them.
Near the end of our trip we found out that the Star Wars Vinylmation set was releasing the next day and with my wife being a big Star Wars fan, we had to have them.  So, I headed over to D Street at Downtown Disney and bought a sealed case so we would be sure to have a complete set.  I haven't opened it yet, but hopefully our chaser is the super rare version that's selling for hundreds right now!  Someday I'll sell the 2nd set :)
Anyway, this is my new addiction and i'm having fun with it so far.  We found these really cool display cases at the Container Store and will be using them to showcase each set in our home.

You should follow me on Twitter here. You can also subscribe via RSSsubscribe via email or follow on Facebook.  Support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link (It won't cost you any extra).

See other Disney World posts

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -