Posted by : Unknown Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Your Shape Fitness Evolved
Several months ago I started using The Biggest Loser Game on the Wii to get in better shape.  It went well for a while, but then I found myself losing motivation and not keeping with it.  Now that I have Kinect pre-ordered I've decided to get Your Shape Fitness Evolved and continue in my quest.

In order to help me along, I've decided to start a new regular feature on my blog that documents my experience and progress trying to lose 30 lbs by playing a video game.  I'll also be posting my weekly results to the #gamedevdiet tag on Twitter.  My hope is that all of this will keep me motivated and achieve my weight loss goal...hopefully it will also be somewhat entertaining to read about :)  
Dance Central
My wife has requested that I also purchase Dance Central which will probably contribute to my weight loss as well.  Both games arrive on November 4th, so from there I'll start making regular posts and look forward to any feedback you guys have about the new feature.

You should follow me on Twitter here or subscribe to this blog's feed.  Support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Gaming Weight Loss posts

3 Responses so far.

  1. Sarah says:

    My comments are getting too long to leave in a Twitter reply! I've also used video games, off and on, as a means for weight loss and, more importantly, getting in better shape. Wii Fit helped me get in the best shape of my adult life (I wasn't overweight, but I was pathetically out of shape, and couldn't even run for 3 minutes when I first started). That led to EA Sports Active, which has more of a focus on aerobics and calorie burning. I recently started doing EA Sports Active again and I've been able to keep up with it on a daily basis.

    A lot of people say that workout games are a fad or a gimmick, but that's mostly because people expected Wii Fit and the like to be a miracle worker. You can't just step on a balance board or put on a leg strap and expect to lose weight; you have to put in the work, like with any other exercise. That said, I really recommend any gaming exercise program, and I hope Your Shape and Dance Central turn out to be good calorie burners! I'm not getting Kinect just yet, so I'll have to rely on you to tell me how it's working out.

    -Sarah

  2. Unknown says:

    The thing for me is finding something that I'll do consistently. I used to stay in shape by playing Basketball several times a week, but don't have the time for something like that anymore. I was doing really well with Biggest Loser, but then lost my motivation. I'm hoping that a goal and being accountable on my blog for it will keep me going this time :)

  3. Chris J says:

    Great idea...I think this will be very helpful for kids.Such an informative stuff for especially those parents whose kids always play video games and increase their weight by sitting in same position.This will be great help for them.

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -