Posted by : Unknown Thursday, July 01, 2010

I've been reading kindle books on my iPhone 3G for a few months now and really digging it, but sometimes I am finding that the small print and having to strain my eyes gets tiresome.  The Kindle is something that intrigued me from the start, but I couldn't justify spending $400 on the device and then having to re-buy my books again.

Once I saw the price drop to $189 and it's had time to get it's kinks worked out, I was really intrigued.  A buddy at work had one of the new models and let me try it out and I fell in love with it's size and how easy the e-ink is on the eyes.  Also, some books I wanted to read are not compatible with the iPhone Kindle app.  So, I couldn't deny myself any longer and ordered the Kindle Wireless 6" Display, Latest Generation.  I found out today that they lowered the price of the Kindle DX – 2nd Generation to $379...incase you're looking for one with a much larger display.

It arrived today and I was immediately pleased with it's slim design and light weight.  A nice touch, is that Amazon had already linked the kindle to my account and I was able to go ahead and send books I own over to it so they were available within minutes after opening the box.  It uses some technology from the future to create a sharp display that is viewable from any angle...even in direct sunlight.  It quite literally looks like type on paper. Here's a quick writeup I found that explains the technology better.

I've been reading The Art of Game Design: A book of lenses on my iPhone so I decided to fire that up first.  I was amazed to find that it knew my last location in the book and opened right to that spot.  Apparently, Kindle tracks your location, notes, etc and shares it across devices!  So I can read on one device and then pick it up on the other with literally no down time.  This made me giggle like a little school girl.

Why yes, now that you ask, that is my blog on the Kindle!  As I was doing some research, I found that you can subscribe to blogs and they update each post automatically to your Kindle.  So, last night I decided to add my blog incase anyone were so inclined to subscribe.  Even if you're not interested, you could always help me out by posting a review on the site to help encourage others to read :)

Here's the list of books that I've already purchased...and am looking for more suggestions:
The Art of Game Design: A book of lenses
Making Ideas Happen: Overcoming the Obstacles Between Vision and Reality
Level Design: Concept, Theory, and Practice
Demon's Night (by my friend Guido Henkel)


You should follow me on Twitter here or subscribe to this blog's feed. If you're a regular reader please support the blog by doing your gaming purchases at Amazon.com

See other Random posts

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -