Posted by : Unknown Monday, July 05, 2010

I heard a few years ago that a group of King's Quest fans had gotten together and formed Phoenix Online to make an unofficial sequel and this gave me great joy.  The first PC game I ever purchased was King's Quest IV for my Tandy 1000 over 20 years ago(holy crap) and I instantly became a HUGE fan of the series and any other Sierra adventure games for that matter.
King's Quest CollectionSpace Quest CollectionLeisure Suit Larry Collection
They had planned to release this new King's Quest game for free, but had a long legal battle with Activision (owner of the rights) to allow them to release it.  Last I had heard back in March, Activision had shut them down and King's Quest: The Silver Lining would never see the light of day.  But, today It was announced that Activision has changed their minds and the game will indeed release on July 10th!



I wonder if all the bad publicity from the Infinity Ward fiasco had any affect on this decision?  It sure does make them seem like less of a bad guy by allowing Phoenix Online to release this.  The game is releasing episodes, so I wonder if Activision will change it's mind on the free part if it has a huge initial following.


You should follow me on Twitter here or subscribe to this blog's feed. If you're a regular reader please support the blog by doing your gaming purchases at Amazon.com

See other Game Development posts

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -