Posted by : Unknown Monday, April 06, 2009

This is the first time I've been at a different studio as my last project is hitting retail shelves...and I'm finding it quite interesting. When you're still at the studio that made the game, people tend to be much more positive overall and you don't get many fresh perspectives unless friends in the industry contact you(again usually more positive than usual)

Since I'm no longer at EARS as Godfather II is launching, I'm seeing much different conversations about the game. Artists are much more frank in their criticisms of the look and everyone is quick to point out the problems with game play before they talk about what was fun. I truly feel like I'm getting the most honest feedback about my work than I've ever gotten before...especially because some people have had no idea I worked on it as the conversation begins.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Do you ever find yourself wanting to defend the game? As a designer, should you defend yourself or do you just let people be entitled to their criticisms?

  2. Unknown says:

    It's really hard not to get defensive sometimes. I'm trying my best to just let them express their opinions and absorb the information.

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -