Posted by : Unknown Sunday, November 18, 2007

I've waited too long to see the Browns over .500 and we truly have a shot at the playoffs. With our weak schedule the rest of the way, we have a decent shot at 10+ wins. But we do have one problem...

Derek Anderson is showing me more and more that he has a lot of things he needs to improve on. This is the 2nd week in a row that the 2nd half offense was stagnant and we let both teams come back from being 17+ points down. Sure, the defense isn't very good...but Anderson's inability to move the ball at ALL during most of the 2nd half puts the other team in great field position.

Anderson has a great arm and can throw the ball downfield easily, but I can't tell you how many times i've seen him throw the ball in front of, over, or usually behind Edwards and Winslow on the routes under 20 yards. If he can't vastly improve this part of his game, then we're not going to go to the playoffs.

Honestly, my gut tells me that he's not our guy. I truly believe that our improved Offensive Line and the stellar play of Edwards and Winslow is making Anderson look great. I know that Brady Quinn is untested, and I don't want to see him this year. But, Anderson is a restricted free agent after this season and I REALLY don't want to put a bunch of money into him. As a RSFA, if another team signs him...we'd get something like a 1st and 3rd rounder as compensation which woudl allow us to improve our Defense and plug in Quinn.

If Quinn is a flop...you can tell me "I told you so" but we have to find out don't we? I'm fine with having them both on the roster next season, but at that point we either have to sign Anderson to a long term deal or he'll be an unrestricted free agent after next season and we'll get nothing.

Who knows what's going to happen. All i'm saying is that i want continued success and am looking into the future for what I want our team to build around.

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -