Posted by : Unknown Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I went to see my buddy Steve's band, 8-bit Idiots play after GDC last Wed night. I'd never seen them play, so I was really looking forward to it. Man...was I disappointed. KIDDING!

We showed up at the place in downtown San Francisco and there was dozens of motorcycles there. Turns out, there was some kind of biker meeting going on as we arrived. The place was filled with them and I'm just hanging out in the middle while the band sets up their equipment. There were a few Hell's Angels there sitting in one part of the bar, kind of intimidating. As people left the bar, they actually stood in line to say goodbye to them before leaving.

The group was actually quite nice just hanging out and talking with each other. After a while, they had a raffle (yes raffle) to give away bottles of alcohol, etc. As it was winding down we went out back to hang out for a bit... upon returning, they were ALL gone. Then the crowd for the show started showing up.

The show was great, they sounded really good. It was kind of surreal to see a close friend on stage in an element that I've never seen before.

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -