Posted by : Unknown Saturday, April 28, 2012



Week 4 sends the intensity up a notch with the run/walk ration now at 2/1...run 3 mins, walk 90 secs, run 5 mins, walk 2.5 mins, run 3 mins, walk 90 secs, run 5 mins.  I'm still really enjoying the timing method since it gives me short spurts to look forward to and keeps my mind focused.

My first run of the week ended up a distance of a 5k!(3 miles) and the overall time was 34 mins since I do a warm up and cool down walk.  So, I paid closer attention to the distance on my 2nd run and was able to complete the 5k in 28 mins.  The third run got the time down to 27 mins and the overall distance was 3.98 miles.

I'm not at all concerned with distance right now, but am having fun seeing how my time improves with each run and wonder how things will progress as the program has my run/walk ratio getting even further apart.  I look forward to my run each day and found that I'm having to fill the off days with strength training since I need to let my legs rest.

Sarah says she wants to get some pictures of me running with Bailey so maybe I'll have something to share soon :)

You should follow me on Twitter and FacebookYou can also subscribe via RSS or email.  Please support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Gaming Weight Loss posts

3 Responses so far.

  1. I love your blog! I'm taking a shot at training for a 5k. It's the Zombie 5k, actually. I'm excited and worried - it's nice to read about somebody who's a few weeks into their couch to 5k training. Keep up the good work!

  2. I love your blog! I'm taking a shot at training for a 5k. It's the Zombie 5k, actually. I'm excited and worried - it's nice to read about somebody who's a few weeks into their couch to 5k training. Keep up the good work!

  3. Unknown says:

    Glad you enjoy the blog :) The program is working really well for me and I'd imagine just about anyone could do it. Blogging helps keep me motivated about it.

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -