Posted by : Unknown Wednesday, December 07, 2011


I've been on this Ideal Protein diet for a week now and it's time for my first weigh in.  Every week I meet with the diet consultant in person, along with daily phone calls, to check my weight and measurements.  I'm anxious to see how I did!


One of the great things about the diet so far is that I'm not hungry at all...in fact I have to make myself eat the required food.  There are a lot of options and most taste at least decent, but my stomach has been pretty queasy over the week as I transition.

I entered full Ketosis on Saturday and made the mistake of doing some lawn work that morning.  I got really light headed and ended up having to lay down the rest of the day.  By the end of the weekend, a lot of the ill effects were gone...though my stomach queasiness is still there.  But things are evening out and I'm starting to feel more normal again.
 Ok now for the big results...I've lost 15.4 pounds in the first week!  I've also lost an inch from my waist, 1.5 inches from my chest and some amount from every measurement. My blood pressure is down 8 points!

Keep in mind a few things about this diet:
  • The program is run by my Primary Physician with constant monitoring
  • Men lose weight faster than women and the first week is usually the biggest loss. I certainly don't expect this much going forward...more like the 3-7 range they expect.
  • I followed this plan perfectly and didn't cheat even a little bit.
The main motivation for this diet for me is to get my weight down and come off of some meds that I'm taking for blood pressure, cholesterol, etc.  Also, I'm at risk for Diabeties and really need to get healthy.  This diet is only the first step and is teaching me to live better going forward.  I'm drinking 80oz of water a day, that would have easily been soda before :(

You should follow me on Twitter and FacebookYou can also subscribe via RSS or email.  Please support the blog by doing your Amazon.com purchases through this link.

See other Gaming Weight Loss posts

One Response so far.

  1. MnM says:

    Congratulations! Hope you start feeling better and better! Now, go get healthy! :)

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -