Posted by : Unknown Monday, June 07, 2010

We informed our son yesterday that we're going to Disney World again in January of 2011. We're trying to make a trip to Disney every other year...we were at Disney Land in 2007 then Disney World for his 5th birthday in 2009.

We are all huge fans of all things Disney and trips to the World are the only real vacations we take. We will be there for 9 days this time, staying at Pop Century and we're also planning to fly for the first time...the drive from IL really sucks.

In order to help build excitement for the trip, we've begun a Sunday Night Disney Movie tradition. We created a calendar with pictures from our last trip and on each Sunday it has listed which Disney Movie we'll be watching. This way we make sure we get to see all the movies that attractions are based on before we arrive.
I'm also a HUGE planner for these trips and I use the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, touringplans.com and listen to the WDW Today podcast. Yes it's 7 months away, but I can make our dining reservations next month so I have to have some details nailed down very soon! By the time we leave, I'll have detailed touring plans for each park we visit as well as knowing which parks that will be based on crowd calendars.

Roll your eyes if you must! But, i have to say...my planning was a huge help for making our last trip a huge success. Don't get me wrong...I'm not a stickler to a plan and understand things don't always go the way you hope, but having it really makes life easier for us.

2 Responses so far.

  1. if I could, I'd give you father of the year award. Sounds awesome! I may steal your tradition for when we level up to wee ones.

  2. Unknown says:

    Ha! you're more than welcome to the idea :)

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -