Posted by : Unknown Monday, January 09, 2006

I'm really getting sick of the ads i've been seeing on TV from Gaming Schools.

The line that truly made me mad, was at the end of one I saw this weekend:
"Can you believe we get paid to play video games?!"

ok...first of all, Testers get paid to play videogames. And let me tell you, its not any fun. You don't play for enjoyment, you play to find the problems with the game and nothing else. Often doing the same thing over and over and over.

As a Designer, you do play what you work on...but its work. You place a piece of game play, then you play through it trying to determine if its fun, or even works at all.

Don't get me wrong... I absolutely adore desiging video games. But, the impression that I get paid to play games is starting to bother me. I truly wish i was sitting on my couch playing games, and making as much income as I do.

Welcome to My Blog

Current Workout Program

Goodreads


Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

- Copyright © Fatherhood, Video Games, and Ice Cream -Robotic Notes- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -